Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lessons

I have not blogged in a while. Sorry guys. It has been crazy here at BYU-I. Between trying to get ready for my mission, school, and work I don't have time to think about what I want to blog about. I do have a lesson I have been learning for the past few weeks though, and here it goes.

The last few weeks have been stressful. I think about how much I have to do, and what I need to be doing to help others and prepare myself to serve and I feel that I always fall short of getting myself prepared. Satan likes to throw wrenches in the plan, I feel that the past few weeks he has been trying to change my mind about serving. For a while he was getting the best of me and although I knew serving was what I wanted and what I needed to do, the situations around me were telling me to stay home and be here for support. I remember crying often about it. I was angry and I didn't want to do anything. One night however I was reading my scriptures and this is what I read.....

 2 Nephi Chapter 10:23-24

23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.

This made me realize that our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy... He wants others to be happy as well. I realized right then that that is why I wanted to serve. It would make me happy, it would bring happiness to those I teach and most of all, It will bring happiness to those friends and family that I leave behind for a short year and a half. This changed my whole outlook. We should not be discouraged, afraid, or unwilling to serve for selfish reasons. We must share the gospel with all those around so that they can be as happy as we are. We are the ones who have choices, we have the agency to chose what we want in this life and who we will follow. He loves us so much that even when we make a mistake we have a way to correct it and he doesn't take our agency away. Satan works hardest on those who are about to do great things. But those who are going to do great things shall not be moved, well at least not this one (: I am so grateful to have the opportunity to get out there and serve. 

ONLY 78 MORE DAYS!!!!!  

No comments: